Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Homestudy Visit

WELL, I think I can breathe again!  We had our first visit for our homestudy today!  I am not sure what made me MORE nervous:  A social worker coming to my house or when he called and said " Can I come 3 hours early?"!!!!!! PANIC was the look on my face when I said, "But my husband is still at work!"


Everything went fine.  Our social worker is a very nice man.  He asked many questions about our marriage, looked around our home, and walked us through what to expect in the months to come.  I was very nervous and wanted everything to be perfect and in its place.  I don't know that I slept last night for worrying about it.  I was not sure what to really expect, but as far as I know, it went fine. 
We feel relieved that now we know what to expect and what to start working toward.  We have an 81 page manual to read and lots of paperwork to begin filling out!  We are excited to be beginning this process to bring a new member of our family home.


Please continue to pray for us on this exciting journey.  We still have lots to do and money to raise.  Our desire is to bring this little boy home as soon as possible.  We want to say a HUGE 'Thank You' to all of you that have helped us this far.  We are encouraged by your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment