Monday, September 5, 2011

Birthdays

My little boy turned 4 on Sept. 1st.  I cannot believe that he is already 4 years old!  He celebrated his birthday by going swimming at his Nanny and Papa's with his family there to celebrate with him.  He had a GREAT time, and so did we.  We enjoyed watching him play and enjoy opening all of his presents.  He requested a Spiderman birthday party.  So we worked hard to create him a special Spiderman cake.
                                                                              


                                                                                                      
I think this is one of his favorite presents.
He is wearing it all around the house!!!!
  


Today has been very difficult for me.  The little boy that we are trying to adopt turned 2 today.  His 'estimated' birthday is Sept. 4th.  We just had a great time celebrating Ethan's birthday, and I wonder how our other little boy in China celebrated today.  Did he get to have a party?  Did he eat cake and ice cream?  Did he get presents?  Did he have someone that he loves sing Happy Birthday to him?  I have so many questions.  And so much saddness to know that I could not be there to wish him a happy birthday.

1 comment:

  1. awlll.... I remember that feeling too!!! Hang in there girl! You will have many more birthdays to celebrate and make up the ones you missed. :) That Ethan looks so cute in his "Optimus Prime" suit! LOL!

    ReplyDelete